Found on www.tastebook.com
total time 30 minutes
makes 3-4 servings
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 C spinach
- 4 quail yolks
- 8 oz. country ham or thick slice center cut bacon, diced
- clarified butter
- 1/2 avocado, small dice
- 1 green tomato, small dice, skin sides only
- 1 jalapeno, small dice
- 1/2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp chives, snipped finely
- salt and peppe
- 1 jalapeno, roasted and peeled
- olive oil
- add salt
- 11. Blend the spinach with 2 egg whites. Whisk into the remaining 2 egg whites.
- 22. In a cold skillet sprayed with oil and on low heat, pour in the spinach mixture.
- 33. Gently spoon the quail yolk into the center of whites. Cook until whites are
- 54. In another saute pan, cook bacon or ham. Drain pieces on a paper towel.
- 6Toss bacon with chives.
- 75. Brush brioche with clarified butter. Toast in medium skillet.
- 86. Create parsley-jalapeno oil by blending 1 cup parsley, and roasted jalapeno with 1 cup oil, and add salt.
- 97. Combine jalapeno oil and all the ingredients for salsa. Season to taste.
- 108. Serve each green egg with diced bacon, salsa and toast. Enjoy!