Individual Farro Egg Bake
Don’t let the word “bake” throw you off. This recipe is actually pretty fast, and it’s actually better for busy people than scrambled or fried eggs. Why? Because you don’t have to get tied to the stove while this cooks. Just mix and bake and multi-task away while the oven does the heavy-lifting. Sub in any other leftover farro, rice, or other grain pilaf…whatever you have on hand!Prep Time: 5 minutesCook Time: 16-19 minutes
Total Time: 21-24 minutes
Ingredients (multiply by each serving for multiples):
- non-stick spray
- 1 cage free or farm fresh egg
- 1 tablespoon frozen, chopped spinach
- 1 teaspoon milk
- pinch of salt
- a bit of fresh-ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons leftover cooked farro (I used leftovers from this yummy recipe)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F and lightly spray individual casserole dish(es) with non-stick spray.
- Combine egg, spinach, milk, salt, and pepper in a bowl and whisk together. Add farro and stir to combine.
- Evenly distribute egg mixture to individual casserole dish(es). Bake until edges are golden brown and egg is set in the middle, about 16-19 minutes (depending oven temperature, etc.).Note: I used a toothpick to check doneness, sort of like you would for cake.
- Remove from oven and let sit for a couple minutes till it’s safe to eat. Enjoy!