Found this recipe on a nicely designed site, with spectacularly beautiful food photography called bellaeats.com - Visit and enjoy.Egg salad from The Art of Simple Food by Alice Waters
serves 4 (unless you're a big, big fan like me...then you might want to double the recipe)
- 6 eggs*, at room temperature (if you can, please buy happy, organic, farmer-raised chicken eggs)
- 2 tsp capers - rinsed, drained, and chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh chives*
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley*
- freshly-ground black pepper
- pinch of cayenne
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise (Alice recommends homemade, which I'm sure is simple and lovely, but I used store-bought)
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- Cook the eggs in simmering water for 10 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and cool in a bowl of ice-cold water. Peel and chop the eggs coarsely.
- Mix together the rest of the ingredients. Add the chopped eggs and mix well.
- Adjust seasoning if necessary.