Found on whiteonricecouple.com
Vietnamese Fried Egg Banh Mi Recipe (Banh Mi Trung Op La)- “The Bang Me”
Banh mi is all about the assembly and gathering all the components. Sometimes the cold cuts can be found at Vietnamese markets or you can make the meat fillings fresh. The bread is the most important factor, making sure it’s a light, crusty baguette to remain as close to a traditional Vietnamese Banh Mi as possible.
For the Banh Mi assembly (not all required):
- 1 french baguette (soft centered crumb, crispy crust)
- Vietnamese cold cuts or head cheese
- Or other meat filling such as Braised Pork Belly
- Fried Egg
- pickled carrots and daikon. Recipe for carrot/daikon pickles here.
- fresh cilantro
- soy sauce
- pork liver pate
- thin slices of chili pepper
- thin slices of cucumber
1. Slice baguettes lengthwise. Add the ingredients that you want (or like) to the banh mi.